Friday, November 21, 2008

I Swoney!


We had so much fun with granny!
That woman can work circles around all of us!! I had to beg and plead with her to stop cleaning up my house and stop folding up the clothes! And y'all know that she meddles in stuff, like bills... you can not leave stuff like that out when she comes over!!! She will write on bills that she meddles in: "pay this",,, "past due" !! she is so funny, well, While I was trying my Hardest to get Josie gurwa asleep...lights out in my quiet room, trying desperately for her to go to sleep..maw comes in, KNOCK KNOCK on the door LOUD...and says...(knowing I am trying to get Josie to sleep, I guess she forgot) Kelli estelle...i just have one question....(she was meddling in my bills on the counter)...do you mean to tell me ,that this medicine (i had just picked up from the pharmacy) was SIXTY EIGHT DOLLARS!!!! Yes maam maw (kelli whispering very quietly, Josie turning to see what all the racket is about,miss nosey)...loud again...you mean SIX - EIGHT!!! I SWONEY!! that must be a high faluntin' pharmacy!!! door slams!! hahah...she was just appalled!!


Wednesday I took her McComb, MS to go shopping at this little outlet...we didn't get to hit all the dollar stores in clinton ...her favorite thing..so we headed to mccomb...she was so excited! She just HAD to find her some new tops...she can never have too many flowery tops, not too low on her neck, covering way past her belly, not too short...to go with her black elastic waist pants and her favorite red shoes!!! anyway, we were excited to see that they were having a huge sale, so we gathered a bunch of tops for her to try on in the small dressing room..(which opened up to the entire store). Her and Adeleine, were in their together and I was on the other side of the store, when all of the sudden I and everyone else in the store heard a loud noise in their direction....Adeleine had slammed the door opened for the whole entire store to see maw in her black elastic waisted pants and her little bra!!! and then I heard from her...I SWONEY!!!! really LOUD!! then she couldnt get the door closed....adeleine was staring at herself in the mirror outside the door not worried a bit...I said addie close the door...nothing...so then I darted across the store with josie in one arm and pushing the stroller with the other hand as fast as I could...maw's eyes were

as big as saucers underneath her little glasses...i tried to keep a straight face when i finally got up to her...nobody saw you maw, dont worry...little bit of a lie....i closed the door...then i heard her giggling...I Swoney...that little thang (talking about addie)..i swoney!!! she said!!! hahah..

For those of you who don't know..i swoney is like a curse word i guess...her little Christian self would not dare swear...but she can "I swoney" all day long....she also says things like" I don't shive a git" !!

Later that day we had lunch at the golden corrall...perfect place for old people to eat...she was so proud to be there with her little grand daughter and her little great grand daughters....i just knew it!! One thing i learned while there....she whispers really LOUD....I felt my face blush as she "whispered" about the lady sitting inches away from us...the lady heard every word...hahah...She is so much fun to be around...and LORD knows she can talk..

we talked about:

=What we needed to cook for David's supper every night..."do i need to make him a lunch for work"..."do you want me to make yall some biscuits in the morning" "how about a pan of cornbread" !!! He was so spoiled like always when she comes over..
=how the Lord was faithful through all of her trials: little Ricky, Doonie, Aunt Eva, Holly!

we always talk about Holly and how much we miss her...and how pretty she was....long dark thick hair...

Then she recalls so easily her little seventeen month old son Ricky who died of pneumonia..I told her that he may be one of the first one she sees when she gets to Heaven...yep!!! She can recall every detail of that really sad night, and I try not to let her see the tears welling up in my eyes as she tells it like it happened yesterday...so sad!! I am thinking to myself poor maw..how did she ever get through it all.....the answer comes with her next breath....The Lord is Faithful, she says...her legacy....then she talked about what a beautiful baby aunt eva was...curly black hair, skin like a china doll...beautiful...she then thinks back to when pawpaw was in the hospital and she went to see him and she brought her baby eva with her..she said that the nurses immediately took eva and showed her off to all of the nurses b/c she was so pretty...she even remembered the dress that baby eva wore that day...pretty little pink one! Maw has such a sweet look to her when she tells those stories...she then talks about her own mother...martha...who suffered with asthma...died at age 44...she says that she was so sweet..and I try to imagine that she was probably alot like maw...my mawmaw had to get her sweetness inherited from someone...she tells the same stories over and over..but i like to hear them..and maw likes to tell them..so i listen...greatful that I still have my little maw here with me!! I love her so much!! She is my favorite person in the whole wide world!!

The girls LOVE when granny comes over b/c they get to sleep with her...So we hear them justa talking in their rooms about God and everything else, maw inclined on her 2 pillows. saying their sweet little prayers...they each got to take turns sleeping with her since she was here for three nights...but we kept hearing the pitterpatter of little feet going into the room she was sleeping in...really late...david yelling girls get in the bed...then we hear maw begging them to go to sleep...b/c she doesnt want them to get into trouble...i go in and check on them later, maw asleep with her flashlight nearby...i just knew that she was going to try to wash some clothes or do some dishes by the light of the flashlight...i guess the girls wore her out!! haha!!


I SWONEY!! we had a blast with her here..Come back soon GRANNY!!



6 comments:

pepper said...

kell,, i swoney, you could write a book,,, you make me lol and cry at the same time... you have mama down to a T, i just love how you love,,,, the best ,,,

Ashley said...

Kelli, you have always had such a special relationship with her and she is so blessed to have you you too. She sure is a firecracker!! I'm glad you had such a nice time with her. I've learned and she knows, that love is always worth the risk of hurt because it is the most awesome gift. I love you.

sherri said...

Kelli,
I LOVE this post! I laughed so much about the dressing room, then I just about cried about some of the other stories.
You are SO blessed to have a wonderful grandmother that you enjoy being around so much. I have met her, and she is a very special lady.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

marvelle said...

kelli, I SHOWNEY, lol and crying. you are so good to HER!!! and so much like HER! we have to hold on to her real tight now, cause she needs it. all i hear when i talk to her is the darts lol. i love you. aunt sib

Christal said...

Kell.......I swoney! I am crying again. I too have heard these stories late at night. She is the perfect example of faith. Everytime I wanted to give up, I thought of Maw. She is my hero. I am so thankful that you posted this. We are so blessed to have such a shining example of Jesus love. I love the picture of her and Josie's hands.....hands that have made biscuits, hung clothes to dry, brushed grandkids hair, washed dishes, scratched backs, and hands that have held hands tight........

jkayde said...

this is why she is my best friend in the whole wide world!